91. Swallow phytosterols and phytostanols: These substances are derived from pine trees. They can lower your bad cholesterol levels by 10-15%.
92. Buy OJ fortified with calcium: Increasing your calcium intake can reduce your blood pressure. The vitamin C will also lower your risk of dying from heart disease up to 40%.
93. Eat pumpkin seeds: One ounce of these seeds contain 1/3 of your daily magnesium intake. Having a magnesium deficieny can increase your risk of heart disease, high blood pressure, and increase the build up of plaque and elevate your cholesterol levels.
94. Get pricked: Taking part in acupuncture can trigger endorphins which help relax the heart.
95. Change your oil: By replacing corn or vegetable oil with sesame seed oil can lower your blood pressure by 30 points in 60 days.
96. Get a massage: Getting a massage can help to relieve stress and reduce inflammation.
97. Pick the can: Some canned vegetables were found to have 40% higher levels of antioxidants to fight heart disease then some fresh vegetables.
98. Eat red licorice: A compound found in licorice has been shown to spike blood pressure. This is especially true in men who eat black licorice. Fruit flavoured licorice however doesn’t contain this compound.
99. Be a vegetarian every now and then: By eating lentils, tofu, nuts and beans each day for a month you can lower bad cholesterol levels by up to 30%.
100. Use these tips: Take 10 of these tips and try to incorporate them into your daily living for a month. Soon they will become natural and you can add another 10. Follow this tips and you will be on the road to taking care of you and your heart.