Recently I purchased a Philips DVD Player, it was the DVP-3960. I picked it up because it was cheap and it up converts video to 1080i. This DVD player has a lot of awesome features like:
- Plays DivX, MP3, WMA and JPEG digital camera photos
- 192kHz/24 bit audio DAC enhances analogue sound input
- HDMI 1080i with high definition video upscaling
- Progressive Scan component video for optimized image quality
- DivX Certified for standard playback of DivX videos
- 12-bit/108MHz video processing for sharp, natural images.
What I like the most is the fact that it plays DivX files. I have a lot of movies backed up to DivX or Xvid formats. I can burn six movies to one DVD and watch them in the my new DVD player. Before I used to hook the laptop to the TV and watch movies that way. It is so much more convenient to load up a disk in the DVD player and be able to watch any of the six movies on the disk.
Soon I will write a post on how to make 700mb backup copies of your own disk. It’s not all that hard.
All in All I really like the new DVD player, the picture quality is awesome. And it’s great to be able to get all my movies of my computers and on to less disk.