91. If you are worried about trans-fat in peanut butter there’s good news. A study done on popular brands like Skippy, JIF, Peter Pan and a supermarket brand found that they had less then 0.5 grams low enough for them to legally claim zero trans fat. They also contained only 1 gram more of sugar than natural brands.
92. Exercising won’t cause you to overeat. Exercise is actually good for curbing your appetite.
93. When exercising or doing anything you shouldn’t wait until your thirsty to take a drink. When you are thirsty that means you are already dehydrated. Before you exercise try to drink at least 16 oz of fluids like water or sports drinks depending on how vigorous your activity will be. Drink another 8 ounces an hour before and then drink 4-8 ounces every 15-20 minutes of your workout.
94. Listen to a book on tape or your I pod to make your workout go faster.
95. Participate in Yoga. You might think its to easy and peaceful but you’ll be surprised. In some forms of Yoga you can burn 250-350 calories in an hour session. Not only will you burn calories but you’ll improve your flexibility and increase your muscular strength.
96. Drink plenty of water. It’s not how much you drink but how often you drink. Not getting enough water can slow your metabolism by up to 3 %. Drinking small amounts throughout the day is better then taking in one large amount.
97. Meet with a dietician to become more informed about food choices and to get answers to any questions you may have.
98. Drop weight at church support groups. Researchers found that diet and exercise programs set up in churches help people lose an average of 20lbs that’s because there is a built in community where people can feel comfortable.
99. Try to avoid stress. A study found that people who were stressed and had high blood pressure were twice as likely to eat fatty foods than people who aren’t stressed or who are controlling their stress.
100. Join an online weight loss group. A study done found people who joined an online support group lost 5 1/2 more pounds then those who didn’t have any online support. Many of these online weight loss programs have counsellors who can provide feedback, answer questions and give support.